Former Baltimore Police officer Michael A Wood Jr caused a storm on social media after tweeting shocking examples of police misconduct that he says he witnessed while on the force.
These allegations come under the shadow of allegations that police brutality caused the death of Freddie Gray, leading to riots across the city in April.
We asked Sgt Wood, who left the department in 2014, to elaborate a bit more on the allegations in his tweets. The allegations, which have not been independently verified, include officers attacking a woman, defecating in beds and racially targeting suspects.
Baltimore Police say the allegations are “serious and very troubling” and called on Mr Wood to provide full details so they can launch an investigation. Their full response is included at the end of this piece.
- Veterans for Standing Rock .. #NoDAPL - November 26, 2016
- Michael A. Wood Jr’s 2nd appearance on Joe Rogan’s podcast - June 16, 2016
- My Take on “Safe Spaces” - January 27, 2016
- To the People of Chicago – Police Reform - January 13, 2016
- Police Culture: A quick idea during an assignment - November 13, 2015
- Serial Dynasty #FreeAdnan Ep. 24: Interview with Michael A. Wood, Jr. - October 12, 2015
- What Resides in Dark Corners (a response to a letter from the Baltimore Police Department) - October 6, 2015
- Michael A. Wood Jr’s appearance on VICE’s documentary ‘Fixing The System’ - September 29, 2015
- Michael A. Wood Jr’s Reddit AMA: Law Enforcement Against Prohibition … Why cops want to legalize drugs - September 23, 2015
- Michael A. Wood Jr’s Interview w/ North Avenue Podcast - September 21, 2015